What is it?
KIK Start is a partnership program between Yarra Ranges Council and Best Start. The Executive Officer of Yarra Ranges Kindergartens Inc. is a foundation member of the KIKStart Advisory Group. The KIK Start program is designed to assist families of 4 year old kindergarten children who may be experiencing financial hardship.
- KIK Start relies solely on donations.
How does it work?
KIK Start aims to provide:
- The opportunity for families with children experiencing hardship to access funded 4 year old kindergarten
- Assistance with term fees for eligible families at funded 4 year old kindergarten.
- Links to appropriate services and resources.
- Fee assistance for families who are not eligible for the kindergarten fee subsidy applicable to concession card holders.
How to apply
- Eligible families must live within Yarra Ranges Council area or live out of Yarra Ranges Council area but attend a community managed preschool service within the municipality.
- Funds can only be applied to funded four year kindergarten services.
- The application must be completed on the KIKStart application form and be signed by both the President/Authorised Officer of the associated kindergarten committee and the parent/guardian of the enrolled child to whom the funding will be applied.
KIK Start application forms are available at:
- Your kindergarten service
- Yarra Ranges Council website: www.yarraranges.vic.gov.au
“The kindergarten year is a rich and stimulating experience that provides a range of important opportunities that not only prepare children for school but for life”
Kathy Walker: Education Consultant and Author.